HelloGold SmartSaver Terms and Conditions
- From 3 October 2018, HelloGold SmartSaver shall be offered as an additional product.
- The HelloGold SmartSaver is an additional account designed not only to help you save but also to help you achieve your long-term savings goals.
- The HelloGold SmartSaver is open to all HelloGold customers.
In order to participate in the HelloGold SmartSaver:
- customers will be required to open a HelloGold SmartSaver account, which is separate to their existing main HelloGold account; and
- the customer must contribute a minimum of RM30 per month to their HelloGold SmartSaver account.
HelloGold SmartSaver Mechanics
- For customers to achieve their savings goals, the HelloGold SmartSaver accounts are to be held for a period 12 months (Term) and may be extended at the end of this Term.
- Gold purchased for the HelloGold SmartSaver account will be purchased based on the lowest price of the day on which the transaction was made (excluding weekends & market closure days).
- Gold will be deposited into the HelloGold SmartSaver account the day after the transaction was made.
- In order to withdraw the gold from the HelloGold SmartSaver account, the HelloGold SmartSaver customer must first exit the HelloGold SmartSaver account by closing the HelloGold SmartSaver account. Once the account is closed, the customer’s gold in the HelloGold SmartSaver account shall be transferred to the customer’s main HelloGold account. The customer is unable to withdraw the gold directly from the HelloGold SmartSaver account.
- Should the customer wish to, the HelloGold SmartSaver customer is able to close the HelloGold SmartSaver account before the completion of the Term. If the account is closed prior to the completion of the Term, the funds in your HelloGold SmartSaver account will be utilised to purchase gold up to the end of the monthly cycle in which the closure occurred. The account will only be closed and the gold will be transferred to the Customer’s main HelloGold account after the completion of the monthly cycle corresponding to the month the HelloGold SmartSaver was terminated.
- After achieving their HelloGold SmartSaver’s goal, the gold in the customer’s HelloGold SmartSaver account will be transferred to the customer’s main HelloGold account.
- For customers who choose to set up a direct debit payment for the purpose of their HelloGold SmartSaver account, the customer hereby authorises HelloGold to debit the customer’s bank account registered with HelloGold to make the authorised monthly payments as and when such payments become due.
- The customer also has the option to cancel the direct debit payment at any time except on the day the direct debit payment is made and processed via the customer’s HelloGold SmartSaver account (Payment Collection). In some instances, Payment Collection may take several days due to bank processing times.
The customer will be charged a RM1 fee in connection with the direct debit payment in the circumstances set out in clause 4.3.i.-iii. below. By opting to utilise the direct debit payment, the customer hereby authorises HelloGold to debit from the Customer’s Bank Account:
- a one-time refundable transactional fee of RM1 for the enrolment of direct debit payment. HelloGold will refund this transactional fee to the customer upon approval of direct debit by customer’s bank;
- a monthly recurring fee of RM1 for using the direct debit payment; and
- a non-refundable fee of RM1 for cancellation of direct debit payment during the Term.
- The HelloGold SmartSaver customer agrees to appoint HelloGold to act on the customer’s behalf as the customer’s agent to conduct the daily activity of purchasing gold from HelloGold.
- The customer authorises HelloGold as the customer’s agent to purchase gold based on the lowest price of the day on which the transaction is made (excluding weekends & market closure days) for the Term or as long as the HelloGold SmartSaver account is open.
Variation of Terms & Conditions
- HelloGold Sdn Bhd (HelloGold) reserves the right to vary or amend these Terms and Conditions, the mechanics or processes of HelloGold SmartSaver at any time by giving the customer written notice of such withdrawal, which notice, if posted to the customer’s main HelloGold account or email address, shall be deemed to have been received by the customer on the day it was posted.
Withdrawal of HelloGold SmartSaver product
- HelloGold reserves the right to withdraw the HelloGold SmartSaver product at any time by giving the customer written notice of such withdrawal, which notice, if posted to the customer’s HelloGold Account or email address, shall be deemed to have been received by the customer on the day it was posted.
- The withdrawal of the HelloGold SmartSaver product will not affect existing HelloGold SmartSaver customers. Existing HelloGold SmartSaver customers shall continue to be able to save towards their established goals for the duration of the registered Term. Once that goal is reached, any gold in the HelloGold SmartSaver account will be transferred to the customer’s main HelloGold account.
Other Terms and Conditions – the Main HelloGold Account
- To the extent that there is no conflict, the terms and conditions of the main HelloGold account, to which the customer has agreed and accepted, also applies to the operation of the HelloGold SmartSaver account.